Lord Howell's cryptic introduction from a computer (5,5) - 5x5 🌔

Cryptic Mini #000000001 

obscuration level: 🌔 (a tad unclear)

Hello, World! 

Long time cryptic solver, first time cryptic publisher.

I've been in a masochistic relationship with cryptics for over 12 years now, so I thought I'd share my pain by unleashing more cryptics into the world 🙃

But don't worry, I'm challenging myself to make these grids less spicy than the 🥵🥵🥵 I normally go for. The puzzles will only be mini/midi sized (usually 5x5 - 9x9), and I wrote hints for each clue (accessed in the "Reveal" menu). New puzzles every Weds & Sat, to help you scratch that cryptic itch.

And I'd like to introduce my own difficulty rating system: The Moon! 🌝🌔🌓🌒🌚
Cryptics are all about obscuring answers in the clues, so I thought, who knows obscuration better than La Lune? So 🌝 = direct & friendly cluing, 🌚 = totally devious misdirections, and 🌓 = the best of both worlds moons.  

First up, a lil 5x5 waning gibbous 🌔 — hope you like it! Let me know if the clues are still too tough (or too easy)!

Comments

  1. As someone who enjoys harder and/or trickier cryptics, let me say: I also enjoy quick and breezy ones! Thanks for these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment